Mike and I took Chandler to the zoo for the first time today, and we had so much fun! Chand was really interested in all of the animals and what sounds they made, and was so amazed at everything they did. Our first stop was all the monkeys. The orangutans were so cute! The little baby one was swinging from a vine and the daddy would put up his giant hand and touch the baby's hand. SO adorable! The baby also decided to make friends with Chandler. She came right up to the window where Chand was and stared at her. Then she would press her lips up against the window. It was too cute.
Chandler's monkey friend
Staring contest
We got to the elephants just in time for their daily show. They are so smart! They have trained them to do some tricks, but also to follow some commands so that they can check their health. The picture below is the elephant (who is EIGHTEEN months pregnant, by the way, and still has almost 4 months to go!) showing her trainer the bottom of her feet so that they can check the thickness of the padding. After every trick performed, she would open her mouth for the trainer to throw in a carrot or 2.
The picture that I got of the giraffe makes me laugh. She was eating and I took the picture as she was chewing, so you can see her teeth. It almost looks like she's smiling.
I took lots of cute pictures throughout day....
Having fun in the stroller. She was in SUCH a good mood and had so much fun!
Peeking out at the prairie dogs
Chandler and Mom
All 3 of us
Apparently being pushed around in the stroller all day wears you out!
Chand took home a stuffed orangutan and a book called 5 Silly Moneys (that's only going to be read on rare occasions, as it makes a really loud and annoying monkey sound when you push a button, which (surprise!) Chandler loves to push) as "zoo"veniers. Thanks, babe for taking us! It was so much fun! I'm already looking forward to the next time we get to go!
2 comments:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE CRIB PICTURES!!!!!!!!YOUR LITTLE FAMILY LOOKS SO CUTE AND HAPPY!!!
The Zoo is awesome.
I went for the first time on our honeymoon haha.
She is so cute.
I laughed at the Giraffe that is too funny.
Post a Comment